06 August, 2011

old versus new experiences

Over the past two weeks I have noticed that my old experiences have come in handy with some of the things that I do here... just with a twist. Here are some examples.

1. OLD- waking up at 9:22 for a 9:30 class. NEW- breakfast at DLC ends at 9:30.
2. OLD- leaving the gas tank empty when Dad would be driving the car next. NEW- somehow managing a free bus ride from the city to the entrance of Dunmore Lang College, even though the bus wasn't planning on going to North Ryde.
3. OLD- clipping coupons to go grocery shopping. NEW- printing free drink vouchers every Wednesday night.
4. OLD- being able to take super quick showers because hot water runs out at camp. NEW- our showers have four minute timers.
and lastly, my personal favorite:
5. OLD- chasing the cats back inside. NEW- chasing a bird out of our dorm....

So it's pretty easy to see how the talents that I mastered from life back in the States have helped me on my Australian adventure.
Cheers, mate!

No comments:

Post a Comment